Monday, September 3, 2012

expectations

I think one of my biggest problems is that I expect too much from people. I expect and forget people are human. Humans disappoint. We cant help it. There is something you will or will not do that fall short of that expectation. 

Or maybe the problem is my feelings get really hurt when people do not meet my expectations. 

Or maybe the problem is my expectations are too high for people who CANT meet my them. 

Either way it goes, I am learning to deal with my reactions to the unmet expectations. Not become as affected. It's difficult because I dont want to become numb to people. So I'm realizing there is a fine line to not caring and not being affected. I want to learn that latter because that comes with accepting the situation for what it is and not let it consume my thoughts. Responding rather than reacting. Difficult task but I know I can do it. Just time and prayer.

♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment