Monday, June 2, 2014

40 Day Blog Challenge Recap

I promised a recap of the challenge and here it is. I started this challenge because I wanted to commit to something for an extended period of time. I was tired of saying I would do something but carry through with it. Finally I decided to start with something small as a way to carrying through on my word. Hence the blog challenge. It started off easy because I had topics/posts I wanted to share but towards the middle I kinda got stumped or I didn't feel like blogging. But I push passed that. I wanted share a couple lessons from this blogging challenge:
  • I missed a couple days during the challenge and it bothered me because I felt like reneging. Anybody who plays spades knows that feeling when you or your partner reneges. Lol. I digress. But I decided to not to beat myself up about it but make sure I was committing to the next day. Life happens and some of the best memories don't have to be captured and broadcasted. It encouraged me to live and enjoy life!
  • Blogging everyday is difficult when you work full-time plus have a schedule after work that's crazy. I found myself typing my post like at 11:45 at night hurrying up to make my scheduled daily post. I understand why content calendars are important. I think I'll implement a schedule for my other blog, whenever I get a chance to revisit it.
  • Have fun with the blogposts! I shared some personal and also silly stories about myself and I loved the balance. Expect that to continue. 
  • People love reading the blog! I really didn't anybody would care but they really were interested and that was satisfying. Knowing that a post was reaching someone even if it was just one person was motivating enough to keep blogging. 
Blogging is fun! There's so many opportunities I have with enhancing this blog and excited about making some changes!

♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment