Friday, June 17, 2011

private party.

"im having a private party, learning how to love me, celebrating the woman I've become..." Private Party, India Arie.

Its been a long time coming, but this past week has been one of the best weeks I've had in a long time. Nothing really special happened, unless you count seeing my tallest friend ever in over a year, meeting a couple guys in my newly single status, partying at one of the nicest clubs in atlanta. I digress. Lol.

But apart from all that, i celebrated myself...looked introspectively and saw my progress. Getting past...the pain of a breakup...the disappointment of not getting a job after graduation...moving back in with my parents...changed friendships...etc. Not to mention, that i'm my hardest critic and sometimes i'm TOO hard on myself. Yet, last week i looked at what&who i've become, as a result. I couldnt help but be happy and have a private party like india arie. And then on sunday, pastor confirmed everything i was feeling last week with this quote: "This day could not exist without those days. You wouldn't be where you're at without what you went through."

we should all take a day to celebrate ourselves. sometimes we need to pat ourselves on the back. so as i continue to have my private parties in the future, i encourage you all to have them too. take some time to celebrate where you have come from, where you are, and where you are going.

 ♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment