Monday, March 28, 2011

Tweet.Give.Meet.

That's what I did 3 days ago for the Atlanta Twestival. Twestival is the largest single day social media philanthropy effort put by various international cities to help local charies. Social media meets community service. Gotta love it!

I decided to join the planning committee seeing as though I love social media. I thought would be a great opportunity to meet with people who share my love of social media, want to give back to the community, and get advice about breaking into the social media industry.

It was a success! I made some great contacts, learned about an important cause I am interested in volunteering for [Nicholas House], and gained some sound advice. I am so glad to have participated in a such great event and I hope next year, its bigger and better.

Oh yea by the way, I have interview for a social media position I applied to about 3 weeks ago. Ironic how I help out with a social media event and the very next day, I get a request for an interview. God has his own way of putting you just the place he wants you. Claiming that I kill this interview because this agency has done AWESOME work and I would LOVE to be apart of the awesome-ness.



♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment