Wednesday, September 9, 2009

labor day weekend: saratoga springs style

So I spent my labor weekend exploring something new: Saratoga Springs. About 25 min from campus, I had never really thought to go but I was in the mood for Chipotle and decided to take a trip. I'm so glad I did because its beautiful. And I ended up not even getting Chipotle. Lol. It's the epitome of what college town should be: boutiques, restaurants/bars, friendly atmosphere, art galleries, bookstores, bakeries, etc. I finally have some options for formal dresses. Another place to spend money for retail therapy :-). I wish Troy could compare but it does not.

Saratoga is known for its horse racing history. Its big summer pastime for the Capital Region that bring families together for the summer season. They had displays of painted horses all over Broadway, which is the major street that runs through the heart of downtown Saratoga. This was my favorite.

While there, me and the roomie [shes great btw. i was a lil nervous rooming with her and 2 other random people but its going well so far.] got dinner at Contina, a small mexican restaurant. The food was excellent but the service was kinda suspect. He was nice but very absentminded. I had a chicken quesadilla and SANGRIA!! It was my second time having it and i LOVE it. i think im acquiring a taste for wine but only if its sangria though. One of my roomies worked at a winery this summer and says PEACH sangria is speciality. Now you know imma imported Georgia peach so i definitely have to try it. We are supposed to have a dinner party soon and I will make sure that will be on the menu. But that wont be the last time Saratoga sees my face. Another trip coming sometime soon...another week or so. LOL.

♥ A.Erika ♥

1 comment:

  1. i took a trip up to saratoga springs too! its this place that was on bobby flay's throwdown for it's fried chicken, but it was closed when we went. i wanna say it's called hattie's or somethin else real country...lol. i'll let u kno tho.

    ReplyDelete