Saturday, September 26, 2009

omg! he waved at me....

Yes President Obama waved at me. LOL. Its been such a busy week that I haven't time to post this momentual occasion but I saw President Obama on Monday. He came to Troy. For a president to come such a small town such as Troy, is big within itself not mention the first black president. So my roomie and I skipped class, and headed to Hudson Valley to the Mr.President Obama.


We got there around 10:30am, one hour before he was supposed to speak. I almost slapped one of the Wendy's managers, saying he would tow my car if we parked in the parking lot. I gladly moved my car without making a fuss because there was nothing that was gonna get in my way seeing MY president. We waited and then the motorcade sped past the crowd. *screams* I only saw his profile and that was good enough for me. But it gets better.


Me and the roomie tried to blend in with the other students and find where the speech would telecasted from. We found this nice older lady who directed us to the student center and we watched the speech in the auditorium. Even though I was jealous that he didnt come to RPI seeing that the president of my fine higher institute of higher learning is on his advisory staff and not to mention he butchered the name Rensselaer.*I digress* He made several points about the importance of education, whether its a PHD or its an associate degree. My favorite line from his speech was "result of hard work, discipline, sacrifice & ambition that served a common purpose...leadersip isn't inheritance, its a responsibility"


After the speech was finished, me and roomie ran to back to the street to see President Obama off. When his motorcade passed this time, it was going about 20 miles slowly so then the moment happened... I SAW HIM WAVED AND SMILE. It was so awesome. Even if I dont get to meet him, just seeing him so close made me happy. [I actually got it on video but i was so excited that u only see him for a brief second. LOL.] But it was an awesome day and has made my senior year so far.


♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment