Friday, June 5, 2009

my life is in His hands!


I am back from my trips. I am exhausted...havent received good night's sleep in days. My trip to Atlanta was amazing.
[Sidebar: My dad couldnt find his digital camera so I have no pictures to document my trip. So I will definitely be buying one this summer.] Nonetheless, a very well-rounded trip. Thursday was the longest traveling day ever as I had THREE layovers before I actually got to Atlanta.

Friday I went to my brother's graduation and I was so proud of him. Seeing him proceed in with the rest of seniors brought tears to my eyes. He has come such a long way and words cannot express the joy I felt as he walked across the stage. :-) Later on that night, I went out with my chicas. It was so good actually dress up and go partying with my girls. I miss them.

I went to 2 dance recitals on Saturday and Sunday. It was so nice to see the babies I used to dance with grown up. I can also see them evolving into beautiful dancers and some even going off to college. I also got to see my church fam. I lucked out because this sunday was Out of the Box Sunday, which is Youth and Young Adult Sundays. They acknowledge all the graduates and performances of spoken word with mime artists and liturgical dancers. I was impressed to the teens involved....we have definitely come a long way.

I left on Monday, missing my first flight but was able to get back to Albany at my original scheduled time. While transferring there, my mom called and said my aunt had died. My aunt is my second mom...I am named after her...I have keys to her apartment. So I was devastated but something in my heart still had hope that she would be alive. And that hope prevailed and she was still living yet had a major stroke. I just thanked the Lord for His grace. Here am I with her during HS graduation.

I actually got to see her....after getting back on Monday. I drove down to the city and make sure she was ok. She was talking and joking around. I didnt know what to expect so it was kinda reassuring that she was ok. I also got to see my MarMar and Dorian. I was happy to see them and chill with them. Catch up with all the gossip. Luv those girls! And if my last 7 days havent been eventful enough, my booskie aka Xavier came up on Wednesday. It was just like old times.....great discussion and great laughs.


No comments:

Post a Comment