Monday, March 31, 2014

Cultural Blending

Let me start off by saying my bad for slacking these past 2 days. It was a family focused weekend which kept me away from my computer and there's nothing wrong with that. We all need an impromptu break from technology. My family hosted John's family for a meeting of the minds to discuss wedding details. We've been holding off on jumping into wedding planning because we wanted both families to be on the same page. I believe that was accomplished this weekend. It was interesting to get a brief history lesson on the lineage of my soon-to-be husband's family. There was many similarities of between the Jamaican (my culture) customs and Ghanian (his culture) customs and the parents got to bond over that. We also discussed how each culture would be represented at the wedding. One of the most touching moments is when my fiance's dad thanked my parents for raising a wonderful soulmate for his son. My eyes welled up immediately. I was like woooooo this is TOO heavy because the way my emotions are set up..... LOL!

Now that we got this meeting out the way, we can dig into planning. We have 3 venues in mind and will be conducting visits in the next couple weeks. I hope to have a venue secured by late May. On top of that, we need to shoot our engagement photos so we can get the save-the-dates out by July. So there's much work to be done. But I promise to continue posting every day until the 40 days are up and of course continuing to post after that. I also promise to NOT to bomboard y'all with wedding planning stuff. I'm sure it will consume my life but I want to share much more than that. How was the weekend for y'all? 

♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment