Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Person with Integrity

I was listening to Auntie Joyce yesterday. Y'all know I love Auntie Joyce, right?! In the podcast, she was discussing being a person of integrity. Before I listened, I thought I was a person of integrity so this will be a great refresher. But I was wrong. She stepped on my toes and it hurt but I wanted to share what I learned. She defined a person with integrity is a person who does what they say even in the small things. For example, if you say you are going to call someone in a hour or next week, you make sure you do that. Another example is that you show up for work on time. Now I struggle with the latter. I mean I kinda have an excuse because I live in Jerusalem, not literally, but that doesn't excuse me. So I'm going to try to make more of an effort to be on time. I made it to work in good timing but I also forgot my watch and engagement ring. Sigh. You win some, you lose some.

She also talked about over-committing. Over-committing doesn't leave room for a grace period. Learning how to say no is powerful. Last year I made decision to slow down and it was one of the best decisions I've made. It allows me to enjoy the little moments plus it allows me freedom to do something on short notice. Which I could hardly do last year because EVERYDAY I had something to do. It was tiresome and overwhelming. Plus I was double booking myself and that's never good. My integrity was going down the drain. So that podcast was everything I needed to jump start my lifetime change being a woman of her word. Being a man of his word is one of my babes' strongest qualities and one of many things I admire about him. The walk HAS TO match the talk and I'm working on the walk.

♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment