Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Waiting with Expectation

The last two mornings I've been listening to Auntie Joyce talk about how faith works. She said you must pray with expectation that God will deliver on His promise. I was like yes you better speak ma'am. Fast forward to this evening, I went to see Rev. Jackie Thompson at my parents church. Now if you've ever heard her speak, you know it's a treat. So guess what she talked about? Expectation. I was like okay God this is confirmation to Auntie Joyce. The Rev. Dr. said expectations bring forth 3 things: 1) an atmosphere so God can move, 2) the ability to fuel activity, and 3) the power to change the perception of reality. By this point, I was just like I understand God, I understand. THEN she says you don't get what you pray for—you get what you expect. And I had to think how many I pray but don't really believe God will come through because I've been disappointed. Tonight was a reminder that no matter how long it takes never stop dreaming and believing God what God says. After all, it took Sarah 20 years after God's promise to bear a child. 

♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment