Wednesday, April 16, 2014

So Last Night at the Shuler Awards....

So last night I had the task of live tweeting the Shulers Hensley Awards, which the Georgia High School version of the Tonys. It was a wonderful evening to see high school students display their talents of stage. I have to say Georgia has a state of talented children. I was excited to see who was going to win the awards especially since a predominantly black school was nominated for 14 of the 17 awards. Basically coming in as an underdog. They ended up winning 13 out of the 14 awards. Lolololol. After the 4th award they won consecutively I knew it was going to be an interesting night. To say the least. Of course it was all displayed on Twitter. People were saying the awards were political joke; they were at the [Insert Winning School name here] banquet awards [not the Shulers] and my personal favorite, I'm transferring to [Insert Winning School name here]. Lol. Nothing against the other schools but they were THAT good. We had a chance to see them performing a number from their winning production [because they won best overall musical]. And I wanted to see more like the little kid from the AT&T commercial. I was just proud that our kids could excel as the underdogs. 

♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment