Saturday, April 12, 2014

Networking with Creative Girls Atlanta

Hey y'all! It's been a couple of days right? Work has been turned up a notch. We're about 5 days away from Georgia High School Musical Theatre Awards and I am in charge of social for the event. I've been in planning and brainstorming session to make sure we are fully engaging this online community. Handling that and being the point person has left me pooped. In the midst, I was able to get away and attend a networking event organized by Creative Girls Atlanta. Their mission is "to present social, hands-on workshops catering to the lifestyles and businesses of creative Atlanta ladies." I found out about the group through one of the founders, Kia Perry. I came across her Instagram page and loved the content so I started following her. I saw her posting information about her group and said to myself, I am creative woman in Atlanta. I should go. I went and she recognized me instantly. It was great! I got to meet other women and speak with them on how they are launching their creative ventures. It was great to be in good company with other women who trying to figure it out. It being their life. I made some great connects and I even got to speak with Kia about helping with the future planning of Creative Girls Atlanta. I've been looking for a creative outlet I could give my time to and when I heard about this group, I felt like it was a good fit. So stay tuned for more info about the group!

♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment