Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Design Chronicles 001

Before I start with today's post, I would like you all to notice that new URL for the blog is blog.ashleelindo.com. In attempts to start keeping my brand consistent, I decided to point this blog to that URL. I had to look up some tutorials on how to do and last night it went live! I was so happy because although I'm far from a developer but I felt like I could code a whole website. Well maybe that was an ambitious statement but y'all get it. Small victories I tell ya. Now on to the post....

I've realized that it's been awhile since I've shared any of my latest designs. As I'm transitioning into more freelance opportunities, I'm starting to put myself out there more to a) get more clients and b) learn to be more comfortable in sharing. Auntie Erykah was telling the truth when she said, I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my sh**. Most designers are sensitive but we learn to grow thick skin because people can undervalue the skill. You can work umpteen hours on a project, only to find the client wants to go in a different direction. Yet the client's satisfaction with the final project outweighs all of that. Here I am taking a risk *wink wink* and sharing more of me. I present Design Chronicles...

I designed this flyer for Pledge To Be Bella, a women's empowerment group, here in Atlanta. I think I captured the essence of the event. What do y'all think? Also, if you know someone who needs a graphic designer, send them my contact info.


♥ A.Erika ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment